MOTORTECH MIC3+CATDI Ignition Controller
- More than double the ignition energy (300 mJ)
- Boost feature with 500 mJ ignition energy for improved starting performance
- Smoother running of the engine
- Improved combustion
- Less wear to engine components
- Manual switch for ignition timing adjustment
- Solution for easy conversion
- No rewiring or mechanical adaptations necessary
- Predefined configuration data can be easily uploaded to the ignition controller
- The available devices include all components for a successful upgrade
- CAN Bus interface for connection of PowerView3 HMI Module for full ignition data visualization
Based on the MIC3+ series, MOTORTECH produces special controllers as a replacement for the CATERPILLAR® Digital Ignition System used on G3300 and G3400 series gas engines. Designed as an exchange device, the MIC3+CATDI enables a quick conversion without great effort. With its future oriented electronical concept, the MIC3+CATDI convinces with improved engine starting performance, smooth running and improved combustion.
The significantly higher and controllable ignition energy (MOST) compared to the CATERPILLAR® devices, the accurate spark timing and diversified online diagnostics help to improve engine efficiency, spark plug life and availability of the equipment under the strictest emission regulations. In addition, all MIC3+CATDI ignition controllers include a special bracket kit to mount the ignition controller on the position of the CATERPILLAR® device.
Due to the same connector arrangement, existing output and input wiring can be reused. The included configuration menu offers pre-defined configuration files for all engines of CATERPILLAR®ʼs G3300 and G3400 series. Only engine type, ignition coil type and timing span need to be selected and the appropriate file gets uploaded to the ignition controller.